Diary of a Mac Virgin

Basically the idea is to document my experience of getting used to a MacBook with OS X Tiger and familiarise myself with Blogger at the same time. That's right, I've never blogged before either.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Day 10 - Firefox

It's not that I wasn't getting along with Camino, but having said that, I was happy enough with Safari before that. The thing was this damned FTP problem. I'm looking into why my server is so slow to grant a connection but in the meantime I'm unable to get Cyberduck to connect to it, and while there are other clients I could try, it all seemed a bit pointless when I knew that FireFTP would do it. I mean it's not like I don't have a hundred and one other things to explore and get used to.

So, I've "given in", installed Firefox along with the FireFTP plug-in, and both are working just fine. Of course FireFTP is slow to connect the my server but that's because of the server. At least it connects.

It's also occurred to me since installing Firefox that I probably wouldn't have got too far into doing programing stuff on here before I'd missed Firefox's Javascript console, which is rather useful for debugging Javascript.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home